Sacred Heart Cathedral's student-run newspaper. We've got issues.

The Emerald

The Emerald

The Emerald

Feeling Hungry at the Bruce Mahoney?

Check out these spots close to Kezar Stadium!
Rye McMahon ’27
Lava Java, pictured above, is the perfect place to get a snack before the game!

Lava Java (852 Stanyan Street)

Cost: $ 

Lava Java is a coffee shop that sells all kinds of coffee, popular ginger chai, and sandwiches. The walk to get there is easy with no elevation gain and takes only three minutes from Kezar. Lava Java has a 4 star review average on Yelp and they take cash, Apple Pay, and card. They close at 6pm daily. Stop by before the game!

Go to the UC Market for a variety of options before (or after) the Bruce Mahoney! (Rye McMahon ’27)

U.C Market (1251 3rd ave)

Cost: $$ 

U.C. Market is a neighborhood convenience store selling chips, drinks, candy, and a great selection of ice cream. The walk to get there is easy with little elevation gain, taking about four to six minutes from Kezar Stadium. The U.C market has a 4.5 star average review on Yelp, and they take cash, Apple Pay, and card. They close at 10 pm daily.

Everyone’s favorite – Starbucks! If you are craving your favorite latte, this is the place to go! (Rye McMahon ’27)

Starbucks (350 Parnassus ave)

Cost: $$ 

Starbucks is a coffee shop that sells various drinks and pastries, such as their delicious chocolate croissants. The walk to get there from Kezar Stadium is either up a steep hill from Kezar or by using the elevator through the Irving Street UCSF garage entrance. The walk takes about 6 mins from Kezar. Starbucks has a 3.5 star review on Yelp and they take cash, Apple Pay, and card. They close at 6pm daily.

If you want pizza before the Bruce Mahoney game, stop at Kezar Pizzetta! (Rye McMahon ’27)

Kezar Pizzetta (775 Frederick Street)

Cost: $$

Kezar Pizzetta is a pizzeria that sells both vegetarian and non-vegetarian pizza, lasagna, and drinks. They have heated outdoor seating and free wifi to enjoy alongside your pizza. The walk to get there is super short, only taking one to two minutes, with no elevation gain. Kezar Pizzetta has a 4 star review on Yelp, they take cards as well as Apple pay, and are open until 10:00pm.

A Kezar Stadium staple, North Beach Pizza is packed after every game! (Rye McMahon ’27)

North Beach Pizza (800 Stanyan Street)

Cost: $

North Beach Pizza is a cheap, fast, and easy way to get a slice of pizza before or after the game. They have both meaty and vegan options to choose from as well as other flavors like their Amigo Special Thick Crust Pizza. The walk only takes a minute, and there is no elevation gain on the way! North Beach Pizza has a three star review on Yelp, take card, Apple Pay, and cash and are open until 10:00pm.

View Comments (1)