Sacred Heart Cathedral's student-run newspaper. We've got issues.

The Emerald

The Emerald

The Emerald

Student Appreciation Day

Happy Student Appreciation Day SHCP!

It’s Student Appreciation Day here at SHCP, and to celebrate this momentous and rightly-deserved occasion Mr. Sazo allowed the student body to wear free dress. Yes, that’s right. Not modified dress, but free dress. We students understand that the difference between them is gargantuan in terms of both style and comfort.

Mr. Sazo’s gift to the student body for Student Appreciation Day (in email form.)

Friday  2/3/2012            Student Appreciation Day

·   Free dress, jeans and sweats.

·   No leggings, yoga pants or jeans with holes are allowed.

Hi everyone just a reminder, free dress means there is no theme to the day, you can wear any top as long as it is appropriate for our school, your pants must be the same as modified dress days

Isn’t he nice?

The faculty also gave students the opportunity to purchase ice cream. An ice cream truck was allowed to park in the campus so that during break, lunch, passing period, or after school, students who passed by the truck had the chance to buy ice cream for $2. Did the ice cream taste good?  “Yes. I love ice cream.” responded Mara Ma ‘15. Flavors included chocolate, vanilla, or a blend of both (half-chocolate and half-vanilla). Fruitcicles were also on the menu.

Thank you, Ms. Diaz, for organizing this entire Catholic School’s Week and thank you Faculty / Staff for organizing this event for us!