Sacred Heart Cathedral's student-run newspaper. We've got issues.

The Emerald

The Emerald

The Emerald

SNL Premiere

Like many other geeky teenagers with nothing better to do on a Saturday night, I raced home from babysitting (just three doors down) to plop down on my couch at 11:30 and watch the highly anticipated 38th season premiere of Saturday Night Live. Usually, the premieres are good, but I was especially excited about this week’s guest, Seth MacFarlane, the comedic genius behind Ted and Family Guy.
    The show started with a hilarious bit about Romney’s failures on the campaign trail. Displaying SNL’s classic liberal bend, the skit poked fun at Romney’s perceived troubles identifying with the middle class. Parading in a gray-streaked pompadour, Jason-Suidekis-as-Romney spoke to the Chamber of Commerce in a small Illinois town. “Nowhere has ever felt like home like East St. Louis, Illinois,” he said (despite the fact that the real Romney is from Michigan), to which the actor playing the town mayor’s responded, “This is a hellhole. Trust me, I’m the mayor.”
    The opening monologue was, as usual, nothing too thrilling. Seth MacFarlane displayed a few of his trademark Family Guy voices before the show went to a commercial break. The only skit that really stuck out as sidesplitting funny was the “Gangnam Style” parody video, a satirical parody on the Korean pop song that recently took the Internet by storm. While I don’t normally watch the “Weekend Update” feature, at the moment, I was too bored not to. Every SNL episode is usually a hit or miss for me, and this week’s episode was no exception.