Sacred Heart Cathedral's student-run newspaper. We've got issues.

The Emerald

The Emerald

The Emerald

Man on a Ledge

Man on a Ledge directed by Asger Leth premiered worldwide on January 27th, leaving the audience ashamed and full of regret that they wasted their money on such a pointless film. Both critics and fans agreed this movie was a stinker with its half-witted title and meaningless plot.  According to critics from “Rotten Tomatoes” by “Flixter” this dull film got a rating of 32%. Admittedly some parts were intriguing, but the majority was a total miss.

The short and somewhat predictable movie follows Nick Cassidy (Sam Worthington) as he tries to prove his innocence to the public. A former police man whose life goes down in ruins once he is accused of stealing a 40 million diamond from David Englander (Ed Harris), Cassidy does whatever it takes to save his name, including committing the crime he is accused of. Working with his brother, Joey Cassidy (Jamie Bell) and his girlfriend, Angie (Genesis Rodriguez), the group strives to rob Englander.

The movie lacks originality and excitement; it flat lined when it came to the climax and did not leave any room for the crowd to fully connect. The concept as well as the story’s plot were not well done and ended predictably; the man on the ledge did not jump and was proved innocent. In addition to being simple and plain, the movie did not live up to its genre. Supposedly a “thriller”, the movie lacked such thrill and could not pass for anything else (love, drama, mystery).

If you are looking for a fun, easy going, slow movie, then this is a good one to see. It’s definitely a rental and not something you want to waste your money on watching in theaters. Instead of having people sitting on the edge of their seats, Man on a Ledge had them asking for their money back.